Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2011 by Jeff Hammer




This is somewhat of a companion to Dave's list, his looks toward the future a bit more and mine focuses on 2011. It should be noted that this list contains a few films that I haven't seen the trailers for, so some may wind up of little interest, but right now I'm looking forward to these:

 10. Yellowbrickroad June 1, 2011 (limited)

In 1940 an entire town walked up a winding mountain never to be heard of again. This chronicles a team attempting to solve the mystery of the missing townspeople.

 9. 30 Minutes or Less   August 12, 2011

Jesse Eisenburg is in it, thats enough for me. Dude's hilarious.

 8. Captain America   July 22, 2011

Entering the year I was much more excited about Green Lantern, I didn't see it yet but I have to think this will be better.

 7. The Change-Up   August 5, 2011

Sure, sure its been done before. I loved Reynolds in waiting.. and adventureland. Hoping for that once again.

 6. 11-11-11  November 10, 2011

You guessed it. At 11:11 on November 11th of this year, "something" comes out of Heaven's 11th gate and is unleashed on earth.

 5. Puss in Boots   November 4, 2011

Never a big Shrek fan but this movie is calling my name, no idea why.

 4. The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo   December 21, 2011

Don't really know what this film is but I know the foreign version was very hot on iu campus. Love the editing of the trailer.

 3. Take Shelter  October 14, 2011

Ohio man becomes fixated on the end of days due to apocalyptic visions, sound familiar? He struggles with himself about what action to take as he himself realizes he may be going crazy.

 2. The Rum Diary  October 28, 2011

This Depp film is a long-time coming, it was supposed to begin filming in 2004? Heard a rumor years ago that Russell Crowe said he would star in the picture for free if he were allowed. Just hoping for a blow-esque film.

 1. Super 8   June 10, 2011

This is already out but I had to add it, ever since I saw the teaser and directed by jj abrams I was hooked.

Well hope you liked the list. Please leave comments for us and share with your friends!! You know they like movies!! You can join our facebook group here:

 Emporium of Entertainment FB Group 


No comments:

Post a Comment