Thursday, June 30, 2011

Top 10 Adaptations to Movie I'd Like to See.


 10. The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia - There is a movie called this but it's based on a different version of the song recorded by Tanya Tucker which shares basically no plot points with the original. Would make for a very good film in my opinion.

 9. True Believer- The only Nicholas Sparks novel I have read, it has a ghost! Well sorta. Really only made the list cause I would rather see this than the other books we know will become films.

 8. River City Ransom- The nintendo game has become a cult classic and I would love to see it hit the big screen, as long as it's taken more seriously than double dragon. When researching for the list I read that there is a sequel set later this year for wii, and online pc game coming next year.

 7. Beach Road- I actually started highlighting in this book to try to write a screenplay on spec. I eventually realized I'd be wasting my time, however. The story is great and a neat twist at the end. In research I read that Stephen King thinks little of James Patterson, which I found interesting.

 6. The Land Before Time- Not real sure why I added this one, it's quite good already. I guess perhaps a Pixar reboot would just interest me greatly.

 5. Maniac Mansion- Complete with microwaveable hamster, bloody chainsaw in kitchen rack, pepsi-drinking and rock band  tentacles, as well as nurse Edna threatening to tie the boys to her bed! If you're not in the know on this NES game you are really missing out, basically guy's girlfriend is missing and he suspects the weirdos next door. This would in no way be like the television show.

 4. U.S.O.- Since the beginning of civilization there have been stories of "visitors" and so much research has been done trying to find life on other planets. This movie would change how we look at these "visitors". All along we've been looking up, when we should have been looking down... Unidentified Submerged Objects.

 3. The Taking- Not my favorite Koontz book but still amazing. This would be brilliant on screen, the luminescent silver rain and the end of days through Koontz's mind. It's a bit war of worlds meets the mist.

 2. Masters of the Universe- The original adaptation is probably my least favorite movie ever, taking He-Man out of Eternia is like taking Tolkien's characters out of middle-earth.. okay maybe not that bad. This could be a great epic if done properly, have the different groups of people at war (snakemen, fire people, strato's people and buzz-off's, think that was his name). I may be in the minority but I would include Orko, he's MoTU's Yoda or Gollum in my book. It could be fantastic!!

 1. Metal Gear Solid- How could you not want to see IGN's best playstation game of all-time take to the big screen? Sure it's hailed as a movie anyway sometimes... still want to see it. This game's rich characters would lend itself a wealth of possibilities. Revolver Ocelot, Vulcan Raven, the ninja and Psycho Mantis (winner of a guinness record for best use of a video game controller) make for some killer fights.

Well thanks for looking everyone, what would make your list? Please leave comments and you can follow @EmporiumofEnt on twitter and join our fb group- Emporium of Entertainment 

Thanks Again!


4 comments:

  1. Nice job Jeff. I am not familiar with 1/2 of the references but good thought process. I'd edit #10 with "The Devil went down to"....Agreed thatMasters of the Universe was god awful yet could have been better. Surprised with the video game references that either Zelda or Gears of War weren't on. My kids love land before time, but a revolted version, that would need to be more Jurassic park than ice age would be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so thought about putting devil on here! I decided it would be an unenviable adaptation to write though. I did not think about Zelda! Where is hollywood at on that one? I will assume you haven't heard of true believer, river city ransom, maniac mansion or U.S.O.s, am I tight? I would definitely click the links for maniac mansion and uso links, very interesting. The psycho mantis guinness reference is when u play him he makes fun of u based on your tendencies, such as my frequent saves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right on the ones I haven't heard. USO sounds cool, I'll check them out

    ReplyDelete